YAlleghany Corporation New York Stock Exchange
Alleghany Corporation 1411 Broadway, 34th Floor New York NY, 10018 http://www.alleghany.comAlleghany Corp together with its subsidiaries is engaged in the property and casualty reinsurance and insurance business in the United States. It operates through two segments namely reinsurance and insurance.
- CEO: Weston M. Hicks
- Employees: 4,402
- Sector: Financial Services
- Industry: Insurance - Property & Casualty
Latest news about the Y
- Is Alleghany (Y) Stock A Buy or Sell?
In this article you are going to find out whether hedge funds think Alleghany Corporation (NYSE:Y) is a good investment right now. We like to check what the smart money thinks first before doing extensive research on a given stock. Although there have been several high profile failed hedge fund picks, the consensus picks among […]View More →
- Alleghany Corporation to Host Alleghany Capital Corporation Virtual Investor Meeting on May 14, 2021
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE:Y) today announced that it will host an Alleghany Capital Corporation ("Alleghany Capital") virtual investor meeting on Friday, May 14, 2021 beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time and concluding at approximately 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. The event will include an in-depth presentation by Alleghany Capital executives on its strategy and performance and will also include presentations by leaders of certain of Alleghany Capital's portfolio companies. Presentations by management will be followed by question-and-answer sessions.View More →
- Alleghany Corporation to Announce 2021 First Quarter Results on May 6, 2021
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE:Y) today announced that it will release its financial results for the first quarter of 2021 after the market closes on Thursday, May 6, 2021. In conjunction with the release, Alleghany will post its financial supplement to the company's website at www.alleghany.com.View More →
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Goldman Sachs, Google, Alleghany Corp, Lennar Corp and WilliamsSonoma
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Goldman Sachs, Google, Alleghany Corp, Lennar Corp and WilliamsSonomaView More →
- 5 Top Growth Stocks to Boost Your Portfolio Returns in Q2
Series of rosy economic data is surely going to help stocks scale northward in the near term, which calls for investing in growth players like Goldman Sachs (GS), Alphabet (GOOGL) & Lennar (LEN).View More →
- Hanover Insurance (THG) Up 46% in a Year: More Room to Run?
Prudent management of business mix, focus on growth of the most profitable product lines, stable retention, better pricing, strong market presence and effective capital management continue to drive Hanover Insurance's performance.View More →
- Palomar (PLMR) Shares Up on New $40M Share Buyback Program
Palomar Holdings' (PLMR) new share repurchase program reflects effective capital deployment backed by a solid financial position, thanks to strong core operations.View More →
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Reminds Shareholders of an Investigation Concerning Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by Certain Officers and Directors of Alleghany Corporation (Y)
New York, New York--(Newsfile Corp. - March 31, 2021) - Levi & Korsinsky announces it has commenced an investigation of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) concerning possible breaches of fiduciary duty. To obtain additional information, go to:https://www.zlk.com/compensation2/alleghany-corporation-information-request-formor contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (212) 363-7500. There is no cost or obligation to you.To view an enhanced version of this graphic, please visit:https://orders.newsfilecorp.com/files/7091/79087_0a71bf82f4b588f6_001full.jpgLevi & Korsinsky is a nationally ...View More →
- Alleghany Corporation Announces Inaugural Environmental, Social And Governance Report
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) announced today it has published its inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance ("ESG") report. The report focuses on four core pillars: Supporting Climate Resilience, Investing Sustainably, Developing Human Capital, and Governing Our Business for the Long-Term, and is available in the newly launched ESG section of the Alleghany website.View More →
- Athene (ATH) & Its Unit Receive Rating Action From AM Best
Athene Holding's (ATH) Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating (Long-Term ICR) has been upgraded to "bbb+" from "bbb" by AM Best.View More →
- Why Is Alleghany (Y) Down 2.8% Since Last Earnings Report?
Alleghany (Y) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.View More →
- Why Should You Hold Reinsurance Group (RGA) in Your Portfolio?
Riding high on invested asset base, new business opportunities and effective capital deployment, Reinsurance Group (RGA) is well poised for growth.View More →
- Why You Should Hold Cboe Global (CBOE) in Your Portfolio
Cboe Global Markets' (CBOE) expanding product line across asset classes, geographic reach, diversifying business mix and solid liquidity make its worthy of retention in one's portfolio.View More →
- Fidelity National (FNF) Up 84% in a Year: Will the Rally Last?
Leading market share in the residential purchase, refinance, and commercial markets, efforts to diversify from core title insurance business, industry-leading margins, and solid capital position continue to drive Fidelity National (FNF).View More →
- Why Should You Retain Axis Capital (AXS) in Your Portfolio?
AXIS Capital (AXS) continues to benefit from enhanced pricing, improved loss, and new business opportunities.View More →
- 5 Value Stocks From the Undervalued P&C Insurance Industry
The P&C insurance industry is well poised to benefit from improved pricing, prudent underwriting and increased exposure despite rise in catastrophe losses. FAF, CNA, SIGI, FNF and Y are some industry players with an impressive Value Score.View More →
- Progressive's (PGR) February Earnings Up as Revenues Rise Y/Y
Progressive's (PGR) February results reflect increase in premiums, fee income and service revenues, partially offset by increase in expenses.View More →
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Notifies Shareholders of an Investigation Concerning Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by Certain Officers and Directors of Alleghany Corporation (Y)
New York, New York--(Newsfile Corp. - March 16, 2021) - Levi & Korsinsky announces it has commenced an investigation of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) concerning possible breaches of fiduciary duty. To obtain additional information, go to:https://www.zlk.com/compensation2/alleghany-corporation-information-request-formor contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (212) 363-7500. There is no cost or obligation to you.Levi & Korsinsky is a nationally recognized firm with offices in New York, Connecticut, ...View More →
- Axis Capital (AXS), Elpha Secure Join Forces for Cyber Security
AXIS Capital's (AXS) unit teamed up with cyber security company, Elpha Secure, to protect small businesses from cyber threats.View More →
- TransRe Announces President and Chief Executive Officer Succession
TransRe announced today that Mike Sapnar, President and Chief Executive Officer has decided to step down from his position to pursue another opportunity. Mr. Sapnar will remain at TransRe through April 30, 2021 to assist with the transition. Ken Brandt, currently TransRe's Co-President of Global Underwriting, will succeed Mr. Sapnar as President and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Brandt has been a member of TransRe's senior leadership team since 2006 and will continue to serve on the Company's Board of Directors. In addition, Paul Bonny, who is also Co-President of Global Underwriting, has been named Executive Vice Chairman of TransRe.View More →